Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Fair Week - Part One

Last Friday was the first day of the annual Brazoria County Fair.  Its no secret that I love the fair, but I will say that as much as I love it, it is getting more expensive every year to spend as many days there as I'd like.  The kiddos were with their dad last weekend so this momma had a free weekend.  I started Friday night by going to see Clay Walker at the fair.  Oh man, he was so stinkin' good.


I would love to be able to tell you he is singing his hit "Fall" right here but I can't.  I was so into the song when he was singing that my phone never made it out to get a pic.  I stole this one from Lauren.
The one below is mine.  :)


I went with Lauren, her husband and his mom.  Lauren and I were chomping at the bit to get there.  We didn't want to miss our man singing to us. 


My sister was working that night with the 4H group servings drinks.  I was just about to text her when she found me dancing and singing. She said she recognized my hips when they were swinging.  LOL!!  


And then I ran into these two cuties who obliged their Aunt's request for a picture with them


Saturday morning, Lauren and I went to the parade.  I hadn't planned on going but found it mid-week that Bella would be in the parade with her daddy on the BASF float.  I had to go now!  I also found out my niece Makenna was also going to be in the parade.  

Here we are hiding from the sun.  



When we first arrived, there was not a cloud in the sky but thankfully some clouds started rolling in to shield the sun off and on.  Lordy it was hot.  

Here's my girl with her daddy....


And here's Makenna on the YAC float...


Later that night, Makenna and Brandon were in the calf scramble so Lauren and I headed back up to the fair to watch them. I'd love to be able to share some great shots with you of them wrangling calves, but I did too much screaming and hollering.  I did get after pics though.  Brandon caught, Makenna did not.  However, Makenna snagged the hardluck/sportsmanship award so she received a calf as well.  Makenna helped several other kids out and in the process gave up her rope.  Luckily one of the committee members saw all of her efforts while in the arena.

Two nuggets post scramble...


Proud Aunt



That wrapped up the first weekend of the fair.  Roger Creager and Cody Johnson played that night but after we came back from getting a bite to eat, there were entirely too many people and kids everywhere so Lauren and I called it a night at 10:15.  I must be getting old because I had no desire to deal with a bunch of teenagers.  Funny story about Roger Creager.  So Cindy, Lauren and I are walking back from the arena to the 4H tent.  As we are coming out of the area where the concert is we here a gator honking so people will move and they can cross the road.  As they cross right in front of us and Lauren hollers "Hey, thats Roger Creager!"  Roger turns around around and gives her a wave!  So freaking awesome.  None of the other fifty million kids there recognized him. ha!

We will be back at the fair probably tomorrow since it is a free entry and then again on Saturday.  Bellamy Brothers are playing and I'd really like to hear a few of their hits.  We'll see if I can negotiate that with Bella.  

Have a good one!


No comments: