Monday, June 8, 2009

Milestones & Organization

My daughter hit another milestone over the weekend. She rolled from her back to her belly. I had laid her on the floor while I took care of some things...walked out of the room, came back and she was on her belly. I was so excited so I rolled her back over and searched for my camera. While I was searching, she did it again! I rolled her over once more to see if I could capture this moment on video...and I did! I tried to get her to roll the other way...belly to back but she wouldn't do it. She's done that several times in her bed but wouldn't on the floor. She rolls now effortlessly and its amazing to me. I'm so happy for my Isabella & this new accomplishment of hers.

My son also hit another milestone last week. He was promoted to the 4th grade!! Whew! His last six weeks weren't the best but he still managed to pull out the A-B Honor Roll for the year. I worried so much about him this past year. Moving into the 3rd grade is tough--there are lots of changes and more responsibilities. For some kids its an effortless change, but for some like my son who has learning disabilities, it can be difficult. My son did it all and at times made it look effortless. I'm not saying we didn't have to stay on him and help keep up with things but he did it. I'm so proud of him. Such a good kid, that Christopher!

Organization...something I am lacking in my house right now and its killing me!! Killing me!! We have been in the process of remodeling the house for quite some time now and anyone who knows me knows that I have been ready for this to be done with. I want my house back. My goal is to take my house back this summer--I just need to share this with my hubby! Ha! Seriously, the school year begins at the end of August, I want to have the remodeling done or at a point we can stop for now, clean up and move all the unwanted remodeling stuff out and have my home organized and clean and pretty for the new school year. I want us to be able to keep up with everything better. Bills, projects, appointments, laundry, cleaning, cooking...etc. I think you get the picture. So that's my goal...now, just need to get my hubby motivated with me so we too can have an accomplishment, a milestone if you will.

No comments: