Thursday, June 18, 2009

Sliders & Rollers


My family is a lot of fun to be around, but you have to be on top of your game when you are around them, especially my brothers, and you have to expect a lot of teasing! My brother Tony is a master at this. If you set him up in a conversation, you can bet he's gonna jump on it. As such was the case last night. It was just one of those days for me and I was not on top of my game. I can't remember exactly what happened the first time but we were sitting on the patio at Dad's and I either said something or didn't get something right away and Tony jumped right on it. A "Steve Wannabe" is what he called me. ("Steve" is a whole other post!) It only escalated from there for me. Later, after we finished dinner, we were discussing the menu for the week our family will be at the beach house. We had one night open on the menu and my brother says..."we can do sliders and rollers." My face obviously gave away my confusion as to what the heck sliders and rollers were, so my sister says, "hams and hots". That I knew--hamburgers and hot dogs! So the teasing started again and again I defended my bad day, etc. Tony is a whiz, a master if you will at this teasing thing. He has something for everything and over the years, his mastery has rubbed off on me. I've picked up a few things and use them every now and then. It has also put me on my toes (most of the time) and sometimes, just sometimes I can come back pretty quick with something. I will always remember what "sliders and rollers" are now...and for the record dear brother...I was telling the girls at work about it and they didn't know what sliders and rollers were either! My post would not be complete without a picture of me and my brother Tony. This particular picture was taken at Texas Motor Speedway at a race a few years ago. Love those races and I love my brother...even when he picks and teases.

No comments: