Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Fredricksburg By Way Of Luckenbach


This was my surprise weekend getaway my hubby had planned for us. And girls, let me tell you he did an awesome job surprising me and planning our trip! We stayed at a beautiful lodge called Angels Lodge Above The Creek. My hubby had a beautiful arrangement of flowers waiting for me in our room when we arrived. Score Jeffery! Our room was called Cupid's Corner. It was very cozy and romantic and best of all, it had a huge jacuzzi tub in the bath. Score Jeffery! We took pictures of our room but you can see it and all the other amenities at their website http://www.angelsabovethecreek.com/. I loved everything about this place so much that we are planning a return trip in the winter time so we can enjoy the outdoor fireplace there. Score Jeffery! Another wonderful thing is the shopping in Fredricksburg. Score Jeffery! We shopped and shopped until he dropped Saturday. I have to admit, he was a trooper and went wherever I wanted to go. Before we even made it to Fredricksburg, we detoured through Luckenbach. Score Jeffery! When we arrived, we had been on the road all day, we were tired, it was hot and there were quite a few people there so we didn't stay very long. We browsed the Post Office/General Store (see me in front of the Post Office) and headed out deciding to stop back by Sunday on our way home. I left there Sunday with t-shirts for our family and a huge Luckenback, Texas sign to hang in my garage. I think I'm most excited about that purchase. All in all it was a wonderful weekend and my hubby scored major hubby points for all the little things he did. I'm so proud of him for the awesome weekend getaway he planned for us. I was in tears when we arrived at the lodge because I was so impressed with what he chose for us. I can't wait to see what he plans for our 20th, 25th, 30th, etc. Do you think he'll get the hint??

2 comments:

Tricia said...

Way to go Jeff!! I am so proud of him! But you know, he has to out-do himself every anniversary from here on out...Mighty big shoes to fill.

Anonymous said...

Oh my Jeff!! What a great catch Missy....Miss you guys and maybe he could surprise you with a ski trip to the Adirondack Mountains to see an OLD friend !!! CONGRATS on the 15 here's to 15 more!!!!