Sunday, July 5, 2009

Mom


Yesterday was not only America's birthday but it was also my Mom's birthday. She would have been 68. We lost her to cancer 2 years ago. I think about her all the time, especially when I see something that Mom would have loved. She loved her Astros, Texas, bluebonnets, chicken n dumplings, chicken noodle soup, spending time with her family, spending time with her sisters, I could go on. She was a great Mom...always had an answer for everything, even if it was, "I don't know Missy, that was a long time ago". I miss sitting with her on the patio and solving all our problems in one conversation. On my Fridays off we would almost always end up shopping together or having lunch together. I miss that she isn't here to see I conquered one of my biggest fears but I know she helped me overcome that fear and bless me with a beautiful baby girl. Mom was awesome and I look to her every day to guide me in some way. This is one of my most favorite pictures of Mom with Christopher. I took this at an Astros game we attended. Happy 68th Mom! As usual...we arranged for some pretty spectacular fireworks just for you all across America yesterday. I hope you enjoyed them! I love you and miss you everyday.

No comments: