Saturday, December 12, 2009

Canton Finds

As promised, I have taken pictures of almost all my wonderful treasures I bought in Canton last weekend.  There are a few things I am not posting because they are Christmas gifts and I don't want to risk them being found out before the big day.  Before we get to the nitty gritty I wanted to share with you the warm and funky red puffer vest we talked about before....along with the warm and comfy boots I found.  They aren't UGGs but they look just like them and cost way less than the real mccoys. 
Here we go...


Do you like? Well get your own cuz these are mine!  ha!  While in Canton I picked up the beautiful scarf you see in this picture...it looks great with jeans and just about any color top you are wearing.  The pink hat you see is what I'm going to call a head warmer.  No its not your eyes, its pink...I found this on Sunday and decided to get it because it was too cute.  I wish I had had it Saturday before the entire time we were in Canton the temperature never rose above 50.  This little beauty wraps around your head to cover your ears.  Its really cute and they have them in all different colors but I chose pink because I wanted a fun color since this was a fun accessory.  Here is a close-up...



I have always wanted a table to put in my entry.  I knew exactly what I wanted and where to find it.  I was so excited when we made it to one of our favorite vendors in Canton to pick out my table....



Don't you just love it?  Me too.  The hurricane candle holder you see on the table is also a Canton find.  I fell in love with this little beauty last year but did not have a place for it at the time so I passed on it.  My friend Marilee bought this last year. We went back to the place she bought hers to see if they had another one this year but they didn't. We happened upon this one at another vendor. I was very excited to find it because I really loved it. The cloth under it is a little something I inherited from my Grandma Berger after she passed away.





I wanted to find Isabella a holder for all her bows and clips.  I found this cutie patootie ladybug holder.  I let her have this right away instead of waiting for Christmas because I have always brought small gifts back for my kids and hubby.  Christopher has been wanting a Dallas Cowboys ball cap so I found this one for him.



This next find I call my churches.  I'm not really sure what they are called but this is what we named them in Canton because that's what they remind me of.  There is this little vendor that carries lots of pieces made of iron.  They also have jewelry, purses, scarves and lots of other great accessory items.  I bought 3 of these.  2 are the same size and 1 is slightly bigger.  My plan is to put them on a wall in my dining room grouped together.  When I get them hung, I will take a picture and show you how they look.  For now, you get to see what one of them looks like.  I love these little churches. 



This is called a dough bowl.  I'm guessing it was used as a dough bowl at some time or maybe its just replica of one from back in the day.  Doesn't matter really because I love this dough bowl.  I have looked at these bowls every year and always wanted one.  I never could really figure out what I would use it for but this year I just decided to get it and be done with it.  The possiblities are endless really with what you can do with this sweet little rustic beauty.  I will have to update you on what all I decide to do with it.  For now...its going to sit on the bottom shelf of my new table.



When in Canton, you have to stop by the vendors who have food.  Its a must.  You just never know when you will happen upon a great dip mix or soup mix or even better, muffin mix!  I found some treasures this trip.  What's even better, this particular vendor has a website and you can order more from them!  Woo Hoo!  The Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Soup was soooooo good.  The Southern Pecan Pie mix reminded me of these little brownies Chris and I used to always get at Bucees until they stop carrying them.  The dip mixes were very good as well...never know when you might need them in a pinch for guests or as a gift!



I had actually stopped to look at a wreath that caught my eye but decided against it. I did find this great wall hanging that I have placed in my dining room.  I love the saying on it...



Ok...so remember how I was talking about wanting more decorations for my Christmas tree?  Well I didn't find what I wanted but I did find these 3 beauties at Cracker Barrel.  I love them and am seriously thinking about going back and getting more of them.  Each ornament is slightly different...Peace, Joy and Noel.



I have a skinny tree in my dining room...yes my dining room again.  Seems like its getting all the action this year huh?  Anyway, skinny tree in the dining room has some sort of rustic looking jingle bell balls on it.  Marilee saw these snowflakes at Cracker Barrel and thought they would look great on it as well so I picked some up....



And last but certainly not least I picked up some of this red ribbon wrap stuff.  Tree skirts don't work too well on skinny trees so I thought this stuff would look great.  Just something to hide the uglyness at the bottom.  I think it turned out great.  I'm not perfect at wrapping this stuff but I think as the years go by I'll get better. 



And there you have it...almost all my finds in Canton.  I am enjoying all of them and can't wait to give the Christmas gifts I found because I'm just as excited about them as I am about everything else.  If you haven't been to Canton, you really should go.  They have some of everything you're looking for.  We are planning and hoping to go in the Spring.  Keep your fingers crossed for me!

2 comments:

Tricia said...

Great post, Missy. Thanks for sharing your treasures :).

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of all your great finds. They all look so perfect with you other stuff. Thanks for sharing the pictures since I don't get up there to see you all the way I should. I enjoyed the kiddies so much too. Love Aunt Cheryl