Wednesday, March 31, 2010

March 31

There are days on the calendar that I look forward to, days that I simply can't wait to see.  The excitement and anticipation sometimes is so great (depending on the event) that I can't concentrate on anything.  Likewise, there are days that I just dread.  With these days I sometimes can't breathe because I dread them so bad.  Today is one of them.  I agree with my sister's post on Facebook this morning asking if we could just remove March 31st from the calendar altogether...just skip it.  The memory of this day 3 years ago is not one I will ever forget.  It still seems very fresh to me, like it was just yesterday.  The pain of this day is still strong, possibly even stronger than before.  I knew what was coming in the days and months leading up to this day but hoped and prayed for a miracle so it wouldn't arrive.  I dread this day this day like I dread February 8th.  I think this should be a holiday for my family.  I don't think we should have to answer to anyone on this day.  And I think we should do something to honor this very special lady....

Gladys Ann Vyvial Berger 



3 years ago today, God and his angels took Momma from this life, took her from all the pain she was enduring with the cancer.  They took her to a place very beautiful and peaceful.  They took her to her new home in heaven.  I was happy that Momma was pain free, but not happy she couldn't be with us anymore.  I miss her every single day, a part of her is with me every single day, I think of her every single day and remember something she taught me every single day.  She fought her cancer with such grace and courage.  She wasn't happy about it, but she accepted it and fought like hell.  She reminds me of that fight, that grace and that courage every single day when I want to give up, when I feel broken, when I feel lost, when I feel I can't be strong anymore.  She continues to teach me. I love you Momma and I miss you every single day. 

2 comments:

Tricia said...

Missy, you are one of the strongest women I know...you must've gotten that from your momma. You're wonderful!

Anonymous said...

My thoughts are with you. I know all too well what you are saying. Wish so bad that I could see my Mom just one more time and hear her voice. We will someday meet up with them again but this brings no comfort to me right now. You are a strong woman and a great mom. Hang on because this too will pass. We have His promise on that. I loves ya little girl. Aunt Cheryl