Thursday, June 3, 2010

Today

I have mixed emotions today.  My divorce was final this morning.  The most surprising thing to me today is that I have not cried.  I am relieved.  I am sad.  I am not happy.  But I'm good.  I'm ready to start the next step in my life with my two precious babies.  I can continue the process of moving on.  Once our house sells, I think that will be the last piece off my shoulders, then the kids and I can start our new life.  What a journey it has been!  A journey that has been nothing but awful and unexpected.  But it has made me stronger and is continually teaching me.  I am going to leave this post with a quote I came across in a newsletter sent to me after my son died.  I keep it with me always.  While becoming bitter and giving up may sound appealing on my really dark days, I have refused to let it happen, and I will continue to refuse. 

"Things don't go wrong and break your heart so you can become bitter and give up.  They happen to break you down and build you up so you can be all that you were intended to be."

Charles "Tremendous" Jones

4 comments:

caryn said...

you continue to be able to amaze me with how well you can put your feelings into words. know that your family is in my prayers and I count myself lucky to have you as a cousin and a friend!

Tricia said...

Love, love, love that quote. I need to remember that!

Anonymous said...

I think of you often and I too love the quote. Let's us know from time to time that there is a "bigger picture" that we can not see. Please call or come by when you can...now that I am out of school. We have decided to finally do a little traveling this summer. My life has been on "hold" for at least two years. Now it is time to live again and you will too. I love you dearly little girl. I always have and always will. Aunt Cheryl

Sophie said...

Missy,

You are such a wonderful part of my family. And you have helped me so much when my son died. That is truly a wonderful quote and I am so sorry to see that part of your life come to an end but am also happy that you are ready for the next chapter in your life to start. God has a wonderful plan for you.