Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Reds Baseball

Reds baseball came to a close Thursday night.  Our boys placed second overall and second in the year-end tournament.  We weren't able to get by those pesky Indians but we sure gave them a run for the title.  Our boys played one heck of a season and we are very proud of them.  I'm very proud of one kid in particular and he just happens to be my son. 


Christopher hadn't played baseball in 3 years but he went in wanting to play, wanting to have fun, wanting to learn more and wanting to improve.  He had a great attitude and played with so much heart.  I never once saw him get angry or upset when something didn't go how he wanted it to...he always had a positive outlook on it. 


He laid down some beautiful bunts this year and hit the ball twice.  The second being his last at bat for the season.  I hope he decides to stay with baseball next year, not just because I love watching him play, but because he looks like he really enjoys himself and has fun with it...and I know he will only continue to improve each year.  


We had so much fun with our team this year.  A very special thanks to Brian and Kurstie for helping Chris along and teaching him this year.  They knew when to get down to business but they also knew how to have fun. I hope we are fortunate next year to have them again.  GO REDS!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love all the pics. That is most I have ever seen Chris smile. Baseball looks good on him. I enjoyed baseball the most out of all the sports that my boys played. I could keep up with that one. Tell him to have a great summer. Love Aunt Cheryl