Tuesday, September 21, 2010

20 Years

This past weekend was my 20 year high school reunion...and I opted out of not going.  I did pick myself up and go to the after party and saw some of my classmates.  High school was not the best of times for me.  I had some great moments yes, but I spent a lot of nights crying myself to sleep not feeling like I fit in anywhere.  I was going to talk about being an athlete and why I opted out of playing basketball my senior year and all the other crummy things that happened that helped contribute to my self-esteem issues but I have decided not to do that.  Instead, I am going to share with you some pictures taken Saturday night at the Reunion After Party...
Tracey, Me and Lorri


Sherwin, Me and Ryan


Phillana and Me


Javie and Me (He was playing with the band that night, EightyPlus)


Theresa and Me (Good ole Catholic girls)


Dawn and Me (My t-ball buddy, Go Jets!)


Massey and Me


Me, Pam and Jay (Jay and I grew up together in the same neighborhood)



I am very proud of myself for going. This was a big step for me and the fact I went by myself was HUGE. My friends were very welcoming. 

I'd like to also share with you one of the great moments we had our senior year.  This picture was taken prior to our Senior Powderpuff Game that year. We won both our senior and junior years...that had never been done before.  And here we are, the Class of 1990!




1 comment:

Tricia said...

I am so proud of you for going! And you look great!