Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Monkey Munch

I thought I would share my recipe for Monkey Munch with you.  This was one of the things I made for Christopher as a surprise upon his return from his sleepover.  I got this recipe from Jon & Kate Plus 8 back in the day when the show was good and not full of so much drama.  Some people might call this recipe Puppy Chow.  I don't.  Something about eating a treat named after dog food just doesn't appeal to me.  I have called Christopher "Monkey" for forever so MM fits perfectly.  He loved it the first time I made it for him, not just because it was good but because it was called Monkey Munch.  He likes to think it was named after him...and there is NOTHING wrong with that!  In a way, in my house...it is. 

Anyway...if you try it I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

Monkey Munch

9 cups Chex cereal (any variety)
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Put Chex cereal in bowl and set aside. 

Melt chips, peanut butter and butter in microwave on high for 1 minute.  Stir and microwave for another 30 seconds or until smooth.  Add vanilla and stir. 

Pour mixture over cereal and stir until coated. 

Pour cereal into 2-gallon ziploc bag and add powdered sugar.  Shake bag to coat. 

Spread cereal onto wax paper and cool. Keep refrigerated in an airtight container.

No comments: