Monday, September 6, 2010

Weekend Roundup

Well...we made it back to work.  As always, it made it here entirely too fast but I am thankful I had an extra long weekend because I sure needed the break.

Friday after I took the kids to school and daycare I came back home and began cleaning, dusting, organizing, straightening and staging the house.  I am proud to say...I have a FOR SALE sign in my front yard!!  Woo Hoo!!  I have to tell ya there were days I didn't think that sign would ever get there.  I dang sure didn't think it would just now be going in the yard but I am grateful this day has arrived. The house looks great and I am hopeful for a quick sale.  Jeff had the kids Friday night so I went with my brother Tony to catch some Wildcat Football.  We played our rival, the Brazoswood Buccaneers and oh my gosh it was a good game! Those boys had me on the edge of my seat the entire game, especially there at the end. Angleton won 27-24.  Can you say whew!!

Saturday before the kids came home I baked some mini muffins that didn't quite turn out right so I trashed them.  A second attempt Sunday came out better but I still don't think they're as good as they were in Canton.  Christopher ended up staying with his friend another night so Isabella and I ran errands before the Longhorns game came on.  When we got back, my girl was wiped out so while she napped I watched the game, quietly.  I think I might have checked out the inside of my eyelids for a short time but I'm not certain.  :) 

Sunday was a lazy day of watching movies, playing video games, laundry, napping...I think you get the picture. 

And Monday we ventured to the mall to get out of the house for a bit.  Only stayed a while because Christopher was anxious to get back so he could go over to another friend's house.  After I dropped him off, Isabella went down for a nap so I tinkered with my blog a bit.  The end results are what you are seeing now.  I'm still messing with it but I think I like it. 

That about rounds it up for me...pretty boring weekend but it was relaxing after I got Friday's cleaning done. Now...we just have to keep it this way in case anyone wants to see the house! 

No comments: