Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Brazoria County Fair

Along with the cook-off coming to a close Saturday evening, so did the fair.  Christopher spent a lot of time out at the carnival with friends and cousins this past weekend.  When they weren't helping at the cook-off, they were spinning themselves silly on the rides and chasing the girls so we rarely saw them.  Saturday evening after the awards ceremony my brother and I took Isabella down to ride the ponies and then next door to the petting zoo.  I tried so hard to get a good picture of her riding the pony that I didn't take the time to set my camera correctly so the pictures were crappy and blurry.  This was probably the best picture of her...


It was so much fun watching my girl at the petting zoo.  I thought it was only puppies that she loved but I really think its all animals.  This child is not afraid of anything...well okay, she was a little unsure of the bigger goats but who could blame her.  There were a lot of people in there and Bella was constantly moving but I did manage to get a few shots of her feeding and loving the animals....


She was fussing here because the goat was eating out of her cup and wouldn't stop.  Mommy to the rescue!!


I swear to you she was probably pulling the little hairs on this one...


Giving the calf a hug...this was the third time I had asked her to give him a hug.  When we first approached the calf, no one was around and she was so sweet with him.  I was getting ready to take some pictures and these punk kids walked in and just ruined it.  They did apologize for messing things up...I think the look I gave them must have given my aggravation away.  Oh I wish I could have gotten the one of her little arms wrapped around his neck, it was really sweet.


And last but not least, saying hello to Mr. Donkey...


After she ran out of food for the animals and had said hello to everyone, we headed back to our camp.  We walked by the ponies later that night and she grunted and pointed to ride them but I convinced her they were tired and going night-night.  So from there on, it was "night-night".   She did also manage during the week to recognize the cows, so not every animal is a puppy now, but a puppy or a cow.  Hey...one animal at a time. 

No comments: