Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Happy Birthday Paul Franklin

Today is my nephew Paul Franklin's 15th birthday.  Its so hard to believe this child, the first born grandchild, my first nephew is 15!!  I can still remember exactly where I was when the phone call came in letting me know he had made his debut.  How excited we were for him to be here but so sad that he was so far away in Jacksonville, Florida.  My brother was still in the Navy then and stationed there.  That like to have killed us not being able to be right there when he arrived.  My family made a trip at Christmas to see him, I had to stay behind for reasons I can't even remember now but it had to have been dang good ones!  Paul Franklin is such a wonderful kid, um young man.  He's so good with his cousins and my son Christopher adores him.  Paul still lives in Florida with his mom but visits a few times a year and on occasion, we've made the trip there to see him.  Paul and Chris can pick up as if no time has passed when he comes for a visit. They are like two peas in a pod and go together like peas and carrots.  I miss him and wish he could be here in Texas with us year round but sure do enjoy his visits when he's here.  I know the kids do too!  He is coming down next week for the BBQ Cook-Off and the Fair and I can't wait to see him!  Happy Birthday to you Paul Franklin, Pooh Bear, Peanut Butter, Nephew, Paul Punkin....you're the best!!

No comments: