Friday, January 28, 2011

Mommy vs. Son

My son was less than thrilled with me this morning. He made the comment yesterday when I got home that it was hot riding home from school and he missed wearing shorts. I told him it wouldn’t be long before he’d be in them again and wishing it was cooler weather. So this morning after everyone is up, dressed and ready to get out the door, I go in his room to get Bella because she wanted her bubba when she got up - which is really no different than any morning - and there sits my boy in shorts.

Me: No sir, you are not wearing shorts to school.

Chris: Why?

Me: Because its cold outside this morning and you have been sick, no way.

Chris: But I’m tired of wearing jeans and it was hot yesterday.

Me: I’m sorry…its cold this morning and you’ve been sick, you’re wearing jeans.

Chris: Stomping around changing his britches…

Me: AND furthermore…you WILL wear a jacket on the way to school.

Chris: UGH!

Me: Keep it up and I’ll make you wear a hat and gloves too! 

I’m so mean....but he DID did give me kisses before I left for work but I wasn’t feeling as much love.

Tales from the Bevers household.  I hope you have a great weekend!!

No comments: