Monday, January 31, 2011

This, That and More

January is coming to a close and February will be opening its doors in just a few short hours, which means the anniversary of the worst day of my life, followed by the anniversary of the best day of my life, followed by the anniversary of my debut to this world.  Yep...February is a tough month.

Groundhog Day is Tuesday.  Do you think he will see his shadow again?  With the weather the way its been, I'm thinking he'll be coming out and staying out but...I have been wrong before.  I love winter--cold weather and I get along very well.  I thrive on it.  BUT, I'm ready for a little warmth. I said a little...that doesn't mean the 90s.

And speaking of weather, its going to get REALLY cold this week. Today's temps are pushing 70 but tomorrow we have a nasty little front working its way here bringing in some wicked weather followed by really cold temps. Thankfully boss man is letting us wear jeans the rest of the week which will be nice. I am also going to be taking my son and his friend to school in the morning so they aren't riding their bikes in this weather. Christopher was out sick early last week and is still coughing and sniffling so there's no need for him to be in this. They probably won't like it but tough noodles...they're getting carpooled by their moms this week!

I need a new TV.  Our big TV in the living room has lost its color..looks more likes its been set to sepia.  We'll adjust it but it goes right back to nothing eventually.  Its annoying.  I just don't know what kind of TV to get and frankly after Christmas I don't want to spend the money to get a new one.  But its getting to bother me more and more so at the very least, I'm looking.  I know what size I want and I kind of know what brands to look at but that's about it.  Do I get an LCD or an LED?  I have no idea because I don't know what the difference is.  I do know I don't want a plasma.  And this folks is my extensive knowledge in TV's. Pretty impressive huh...don't get too jealous.

I am constantly trying to come up with new meal ideas at my house but it seems that everything I pick out or lean towards has chicken in it.  There's nothing wrong with chicken.  I like chicken and the kids like chicken but a little pork and beef thrown in there every now and then would be nice, don't you think?  Me too.  And I have meals with pork and beef in them and I cook them.  My point is I lean towards chicken...and that's all I'm saying.  Just wanted you to know that. 

WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE BUY MY HOUSE!!!!  Do you think anyone heard me?  Man I hope so.  I'm so ready to get this house sold and move on.  Of course I have no idea where the kids and I will live, (apartment or house) but I'm ready and willing to jump on that wagon as soon as we get a bite on the house...one that hangs on to the end.  Its not the keeping the house picked up and cleaned all the time that bugs me, although my kids might say otherwise, its the not being able to move on, to have a new start, our own space, our own things, our own everything.  In many ways this house is still keeping Jeff and I together, keeping us from really moving on with our lives.  We both want this, we're both ready...we just need to get this house sold.

Believe, believe, BELIEVE!!    

No comments: