Sunday, January 2, 2011

My Tree..and its Bag

My Christmas is all packed up and put away for another year.  I get excited every year to get it all down and put it up, but the week between Christmas and New Years I'm itching to see it go away and have a clean house again.  The tree, the ornaments, my nutcrackers, all my figurines, the garland, everything loses its sparkle and magic the day after Christmas for me.  It just doesn't look the same after that.  I called my brother over to help me get it all back in the attic because my sweet Daddy informed me the day he came over to help me get it down that I needed find someone else to put it back up there when Christmas was over.  Lucky for him, he is in Washington, DC.  There aren't any drop down stairs to our attic, only a ladder of sorts built in the wall.  You see my problem in getting it up there myself and Daddy not wanting to come back to help me.  So Tony came over and we managed to get the boxes back up fairly easy.  The problem was the tree. The box my tree came in had seen its better days so I tossed it and got a handy dandy tree bag from Lowes for the bargain price of $19.99.  Well, this little sucker ripped the first time I pulled on the handle. I was not happy.  After a lot of shoving, pushing and pulling we got that dang tree in the attic. As I was climbing down I saw some other holes in the bag--cheap piece of you know what. Tony says "well sis, you got what you paid for".  Well heckfire...all the bags I saw were about the same or looked even cheaper than this one. Oh well, hopefully my tree holds up okay in the bag until the house sells and we empty the attic.  That will be another fun day getting it down.  And I guess next Christmas I'll seek out a super duper extra strength tree bag--one that little ole me can't rip.  Didn't realize I was that strong!

No comments: