Wednesday, April 27, 2011

House, Easter and A Question

The inspection went well on the house.  There were a lot of nit-picking stuff but nothing major.  For the age of the house, this was a good report.  So...Jeff did a few things to make the buyers happy and we're still moving forward to closing May 20th.  Woo Hoo!!

I was looking around the house last night thinking about what I could start packing up and decided I would start with the few things that are hanging on the walls.  The closet in the computer room would also be a good start as I rarely need anything out of there, except a bag.  And I could start packing up some things in the kitchen.  Maybe if I try to do a little each day it won't seem to hit all at once?  Yea okay, we'll see how that goes.

Our Easter weekend was great.  My nephew Paul came in from Florida for the weekend so its always good to have him here.  My niece Cori completed her RCIA classes and was initiated into our Catholic family.  So proud of her for sticking out the classes and all the requirements.  It was a long process but well worth it!  We spent Easter Sunday at my sister's house celebrating with family, food, egg hunt, confetti eggs, water slide and more good times and memories made.  I love being with family...its therapeutic for me.  Just feels good. 

So now my question to you is how do you go about doing something that you really want to do but afraid to do? Do you just swallow hard and go for it or do you just put it aside and forget about it?  You would think at 39 years of age I wouldn't be afraid of anything.  I'm experiencing things in my life I thought I never would have to again like getting back out into the dating world.  Yikes!  Its not that I'm afraid really (well maybe) but the idea just boggles my mind.  And how do you take blinders off when you've basically had them for 18+ years?  These are all things I am still trying to figure.  Part of the process is fun and exciting but the other part of it is just down right scary.  Yes I know, suck it up and be brave!  Live life to the fullest...grab it by the horns and go for it, life is too short to be afraid or scared.  I'm real good at saying that to other people but horrible at listening to my own advice. 

So I have more to learn...we knew this.

No comments: