Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Cook-Off Time!!

We made it through another cook-off.  I think this year's cook-off was by far my favorite.  We just all seemed to have a really good time this year.  My cousins joined us this year, friends from Florida, old friends who hadn't been able to make it out there in a while were there, and my new blessing was even able to hang out with us.  Good times were had by all..

And I remembered to take a picture of our banner for proof that I am actually a cook on the team...ha!


Looks good huh...I think so!

Nothing better than family....
L-R:  Christy, Patrick, Tony, Bryan and Me


Not all of us were there when this one was taken.  I'm pretty sure Deano got a group picture of us the next day.  Once he sends us those pictures I'll share more with you. 

This last one is of me and Makenna...don't we look great with our aprons?  We were working hard. 

 
We placed 16th in fajitas this year which was great considering Tony had never done them before for the cook-off.  Brother-in-law Alex usually does but he ended up having to work Friday so my brothers stepped in.  We were disappointed the brisket didn't place.  When we pulled it and cut into it, oh my goodness it looked so good.  Apparently our judges didn't think so.  I was also a little disappointed Friday Night Feast didn't place.  I just knew we would.  No such luck.  Back to the drawing board for that.  Oh well, can't win them all right? 

I had a great time with everyone this weekend and as always, was glad to see it come to an end.  Momma was tired.  :)

No comments: