Monday, June 18, 2012

Happy Daddy's Day



That would be my sweet daddy and little ole me in May 1975.  I was all of 3 years old, Miss Bella's age.  Daddy is younger than I am now in this picture.  Isn't that wild.  I love this picture of us.  In fact, I have it hanging on the frig in my kitchen.  It will be frame bound one of these days. 



This picture was taken Christmas Eve morning (2011).  I had just returned from hunting that morning with a very cute hunter and stopped by to see Daddy and Lena while I was out running errands.  Something I've learned over the several years is you can never have enough pictures or videos captured.  You might think you have plenty of memories, and you probably do...but capture more.  When the time comes, it won't be enough.  I promise.


 

Daddy's Day 2012.  Christopher, Daddy, Me, Bella & Tony.  I cooked dinner for Daddy and Tony yesterday.  My other siblings were both traveling so they didn't get to join us. We had a nice afternoon catching up (Daddy & Lena had just returned from a 2-week Alaskan cruise--yes I'm totally jealous!).   As always, I loved spending time with my family and hanging out. 

Cheers to you Daddy!  Through the good, the bad and sometimes the ugly, you've always stood by me, held my hand and at times held me up.  Couldn't have made it through it all without your unconditional love and support.  You continue to teach me every single day.  Love you to the moon.

No comments: