Friday, December 28, 2012

Howdy

Knock, knock...anybody home? 

I know, I know...I've been away.  Went and left you all alone and feeling useless, like I don't need you.  Well you're wrong.  I do need you.  I love that you come back ever so often to see what little ole me is writing about, what has softened my heart, given me joy or just completely ticked me off.  I am continually in awe by the fact that you are that interested in what I have to say, but grateful I have readers so, thank you!!

I woke up this morning and jumped (drug myself) in the shower and as I was getting out I could hear baby girl crying for mommy.  I hurried up and went to find her sitting in my spot on the bed just crying for me.  I told I was here and asked what was wrong.  "I just wanted you" she said.  Heart melts.  I lay down with her and hold her and was amazed at how fast this sweet girl calmed down and was back asleep...snoring...peaceful.  Its good to be mommy. 

This same sweet girl says to me last night...

Mommy, when you take me to daycare, you better be good at work.
Ok, I will.
Good, because you need to be good.

Fun sucker :(.

I can hardly believe (shocker huh) that 2012 is winding down, that my baby girl will be 4 in just a short 12 days and the boy will be 14 in less than two months.  Time is moving too fast.  This year has been a tough one.  Looking back, I remember ringing in the new year with great expectations.  I was happy again.  I was gonna kick butt, take names and get organized dammit. Yeah, that didn't happen, well some of it didn't. I said good-bye to some very dear family members, a blessing who opened my eyes to new possibilities and I put a lot of old crap to the curb.  I still didn't getting moving on the cookbook, I didn't start walking more and I still need more organization BUT...I am a little more organized, I'm back to clipping coupons, Bella is potty-trained but still not sleeping in her own bed, I have tried new meals but still need to cook more in my opinion, I'm still believing and I made some things happen that I have wanted for a very long time.  I still have highs and lows but the highs are exceeding the lows, so yes, I have made some progress and I think I'm doing pretty darn good.

I still haven't decided what my word will be for 2013 but "courage" keeps showing up in a lot of places so its a strong contender.  Others vying for a seat are breathe, remember and smile. 

If you will remember in my last post I had listed a gazillion treats in the running for me to make while I had some time off from work.  Well of those gazillion treats, six made the cut.  I'm not even sure some of them were on that list but here's what I did make...

Sugared Pecans
Pecan Pie Bars
Chocolate Gooey Butter Cookies
Chocolate Chip Hazelnut Cookies
Chocolate Peanut Candy
Oyster Crackers

I had never made any of these before and they were all good but the biggest hits were the sugared pecans, pecan pie bars and the chocolate chip hazelnut cookies.  I've had several requests for those again.  :)  Job well done Mis!  I still may bake some more this weekend for New Year's Day.  We'll just have to see if the mood strikes me.  Ha!

Sorry I've been away...I'll try to do better.  Y'all have a good one!

      

No comments: