Thursday, December 6, 2012

New Orleans

Yes...I finally made it to New Orleans!!!!  I had a blast and couldn't have asked for two better guides than Heather and Shannon.  We drank, ate, shopped, walked, slept and laughed ALOT.  Our stomach muscles got quite the workout the four days we were there.  I think all the walking and laughing we did worked off all the drinking and eating we did.  ha!  I tried so many new things while I was there...chargrilled oysters, duck, turtle soup, rabbit, boudin balls, creme brulee, BBQ shrimp, bananas foster, crabcakes, veal, alligator, Ramos Gin Fizz, beignets and more I'm probably forgetting.  So much to see, do and oh my gosh the food!  So much to eat...it was sooooo good!  We attempted to go on a Ghost Tour but the only thing we learned from that tour was there were unspeakable acts committed at the LaLaurie Mansion on Royal Street...and our guide was the one who was batshit crazy!  We totally ditched that tour halfway through.  It did give us some good material for the remainder of the trip...and in fact, I used some of it today.  Good times, good times!

So I'll just give you a taste of this trip through pictures...since well you know, I can't feed you the totally awesome food we had through this post.  All I can tell you is if you haven't been to NOLA, you totally need to go.  Hurry...don't waste any more time.  Run dammit!!

This was our first day in Nola...me and Heather.  Those may or may not be daiquiris in our hands but those bags are most definitely from a Lush store.  Have you ever used Lush products before?  If not, you should.  Or at the very least, try them.  I'm sold on my lip scrub and balm. For someone who has always had dry lips, this stuff is amazing. 

 
 
Me and Shannon taking a break from shopping.
 
 
 
Jean Lafitte...oldest bar in New Orleans.  Please ignore my photographer's finger in the picture...so hard to get good help these days. 
 
 
 
And the three best looking ladies inside having a beer. 
This was the best picture of all three of us the entire trip.  I don't know what it is
about men in Nola but not a dang one of them can take a picture worth a crap! 
 
 
 
See what I mean..
 
 
We made friends along the way...
 
Feathery ones...
 
 
not so purdy partially naked ones...
 
 
Band leaders named Leroy...
 
 
And painters named Alan.  This was my piece of New Orleans I brought back with me.  I love it but  it doesn't go with a dadgum thing in my house.  I think I've almost decided to hang it in my bedroom above my computer.  I'm still working on it though...
 
 
drinks...

 
 
carousel bar at the Monteleone Hotel...
 
 
St. Louis Cathedral at Jackson Square...gorgeous!
 
the altar...
 
ceiling...
 
choir loft...
 
The pictures just don't do it justice.  It was so beautiful inside.  I did light two candles, one for my mom and one for Jace and said a prayer before I left.  :) 
 
I had such an awesome time and can't wait to visit again some day.  Heather and Shannon showed me a funtabulous time.  They were great tour guides.  Cheers to you ladies and thank you!!   
 

No comments: