Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day

These are the two loves of my life that make me smile every day...love them more than they could ever know.  They are my biggest accomplishments.


Just a quick update.  Bella gave me heart failure about a week ago.  Was running fever Thursday evening and Friday.  We stayed home Friday but by evening time she was good.  Saturday morning however she woke up with 104 temp and couldn't keep anything down.  Scared me something awful.  Called my dear friend Jana who came over to not only calm me down but drive us to the doctor.  My poor girl had a nasty double ear infection and a possible virus on top of that.  A good antibiotic, Motrin, fluids, sleep and mommy's love helped this girl get better.  By Sunday she was bouncing off the walls.  That same Saturday as the fever was also Christopher's 14th birthday.  Poor kid pretty much got forgotten with all that commotion going on.  Sunday morning I was feeling bad so I wrapped his bedroom door for some fun. 

 
He thought it was pretty cool and loved tearing it down.  This Saturday we're having a birthday bbq for Chris so his birthday hasn't been completely forgotten.  I just hate his actually day was full of craziness. 
 
This same Sunday, we FINALLY got the new stove in.  We all were so excited!  Its good to be baking again! 
 
 
 
Monday was my birthday.  Its good to be 41.  My sweet co-worker had these delicious treats waiting for me in my frig when I got to work...
 
 
And a short time after I got to work, her hubby surprised us with breakfast from Chick-Fil-A...what a sweet guy he is.  :))
 
 
That night we had a family dinner at La Casona to celebrate mine and Christopher's birthdays. He told me ahead of time he was NOT going to wear that silly hat.  I told him that was fine, no one would even mention it was his birthday.  His reply was "well technically its YOUR birthday, not mine".  Stinker.  Well, someone did tell our waiter it was my birthday so I got the hat and whipped cream on my face. 
 
Sometimes you just have to embrace the moment and have some fun!
 
 
 
Miss Bella wanted to try on the hat too...so stinkin' cute that girl...
 

 
 
All in all it was a good birthday.  The best part was ending the day with my family at dinner.  Nothing is better than family in my book.  Well that and maybe a frozen margarita...lol!
 
 
One other thing.  If you don't follow me on Twitter then you probably don't know that I have decided to give my filthy potty sailor mouth a rest for Lent.  I've only dropped two words since.  Gonna be a long 40 days but I'm strong.  I know I can do this.  Let's just hope no one makes me mad cuz that's when its really bad. ;)
 
And I lied...one more last thing.  I have been sick the last couple days.  If this is anything like what my Bella had, my heart just breaks for her because this stinks!  So glad she is feeling better and I'm glad I am on my way to getting past this.  Its for the birds!
 
 

No comments: