Saturday, November 2, 2013

Our Halloween

Our Halloween was pretty low-key this year.  Not that there's a lot of hoopla any other year but we didn't have friends and family...and friends of family...and friends of friends of other friends joining us this year so yes, its was low-key.  Did you follow me?

The kids had an early dinner with their dad this year, I picked them up and off we went to Pop and Nana's to meet up with the Rubio's (my sister and her family) for some trick or treating in the neighborhood.  Pop ordered pizza and I did bake an apple pie.  Don't get excited...it was frozen so all I did was pop it in the oven.  But I tell you what...it was a dang good pie!

Here are our goblins before we headed out to trick and receive treats, Ninjas 1 & 2, Cleopatra and Princess Ariel...

 
 
The boy decided to stay put this year and pass out candy to the goblins who rang the bell.  I told him he had to wear the mask I bought him a month ago that he had to have, but he didn't.  I did get him to snap a picture with me that morning.  Look how tall he's getting!!!
 
 
 
The Princess decided she only wanted to wear her headband and not her crown so I decided to wear it.  I was so excited that I FINALLY got my crown. LOL!!
 
 
 
The Princess also had a meltdown on the way back to the house.  Tired of walking, tired of carrying her bag of candy, feet were hurting...she was just whiny.  But as soon as we got back to the house and she unloaded her candy to see what all she had received, that smile showed back up.
 
 
It was a good night.  We stopped by a friend's house on our way home to see them.  We stayed long enough for them to SPOIL Bella with a ton more candy and then we headed home.  We were all tired and ready for bed.  All in all, it was a good Halloween.  I prefer it to fall on a weekend so the kids and I can do fun things during the day but we still had a good time. 
 
Now...bring on the turkey!!! 
 
 
 

No comments: