Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Right Where I Need To Be

Miss Bella has been sick since Sunday evening. I thought she was only going to be down one day but her fever spiked Monday during the night so Tuesday morning I called Dr. Patti to get her in to see what was going on.  Turns out her ears were clear and looked good (shocker) but her throat not so much.  Strep it was along with very, very bad allergies.  Poor baby girl.  An antibiotic and allergy meds later, she finally started getting the rest she needed...on momma.  I tried to get her to nap on the way to the doctor and back home.  None doing.  After we got home, I set her up on the couch with her stuffed giraffe, blankets and cartoons.  None doing.  I was folding clothes in my room when she wandered in there and asked me to snuggle with her in my bed.  Of course I obliged....and out she went.  I got up later to go to the bathroom and get a snack.  She woke up and came to find me.  We went back to the room, she laid down, snuggled up to me, laid her head on my chest and out she went again.  This is where I stayed the rest of the night.  I'm not going to lie...I loved every minute of it.

 
I'm thankful I have understanding bosses who are fine with me being home when my children are sick.  I worry about missing work but I know that with my babies is right where I need to be and should be. 
 
Blessed beyond words.
 
 

No comments: