Monday, February 29, 2016

Get Your Paint On

I went to my first paint party yesterday and it was so much fun!  My friend Amye Jo has invited me to paint parties before but I was never able to go.  I almost didn't make this one because I have had a nagging cough for two weeks.  I finally found some tough meds to knock it out but dang it makes me woozy. I was bound and determined to go this time!

I have to tell y'all, I was a little nervous about it when I saw what we would be painting.  I love Texas, was born, raised and proud of it but I have never been able to draw our state.  I was panicking.  Luckily I found out when I arrived that we would be tracing the state.  Whew, biig sigh of relief.  I was still nervous about painting though. This gal that Amye had teach us was great.  She was fun, energetic and was really patience with all of us.  I can't tell you how many times we asked her the same questions over and over.  She was awesome and so encouraging.  






I really took my time.  This showed in the end because while everyone else was done, I was still painting.  LOL!!  



Getting help from Amye Jo's hubby, Paul Marcus. 
I was putting the finishing touches on it and didn't like the way it looked.  Diana came to the rescue along with Paul.  He was very encouraging as well. ;) 




All the ladies with their prized paintings....


My painting....



And my painting's new home...
My starting piece for this wall. 
I'm going to surround it with some of my favorite family pictures.



Yesterday was a lot of fun and very much needed.  I can't remember the last time I saw Amye & Paul.  So glad it worked out this time.  We are definitely planning to do this again, and you should too!  

Y'all have a great week!