Monday, May 2, 2016

Its Already May

How the hell did that happen?  We are in the fifth month of the year....fifth!!  Geez, time is flying.

So its May and you know what that means...its also "A Dress A Day In May".  Yes y'all, I'm giving it another go. I will do my best to participate every day but as in years past, the weekends will prove to be more difficult.  I will give it a try though so stay tuned for what I come up with.

Not much to report in these here parts.  My sister's softball team, Angleton Lady Cats are in the play-offs again this year.  The ended the season as District Champs with a 10-0 record! Yeah buddy.  They played Texas City last week and won in two games.  They play Crosby this week in the same set up.  Going to hopefully travel to LaPorte this Friday to see them do their thing.

My Coastie nephew came in for a short visit last Thursday.  While we all worked, he and his daddy played, and rightfully so.  They went to Huntsville to see Sam (Houston) and see a few other sights, did some fishing at our cousin Sharla's place then came home Saturday.  We met up at Shady's later for supper and some of our favorite people joined us...


Bella loves her Paul...


Earlier that day, the kids and I volunteered at the Port's annual Take-a-Child Fishing Tournament.  It was a good turn out considering everyone thought we were going to call it off due to the weather however, it was a low number compared to past years.  As always, I had someone take a pic of me with my babies. This year's photographer was Callie....


Look at those sweet kids.  They both love volunteering at the tournament.  Chris has been going to this since he was Bella's age and he still enjoys his time there.  Bella's favorite activity is riding on the golf carts with the guys, eating a snow cone and hoping her number will be drawn for a door prize.  This year she wanted to fish.  Momma didn't bring anything to fish with so I will have to make a mental note for next year.  She didn't want to last year so I figured she wouldn't this year. What I get for figuring, huh.   

All in all, it was a good weekend.  Daddy and Lena came home early Sunday morning from their Hawaiian vacation so we all headed there to cook a late lunch and enjoy our last day with Paul before he headed back. I could have used another day off to get caught up at the house.  We won't discuss how it looks right now.  Thank goodness Paul didn't mind the mess when he came to stay with us Saturday night.  All I can say is...you can tell we LIVE in our home.  :)

I guess I'll end this now.  I will try to stay in touch with the blogging world more. 

Love & Hugs!!


No comments: