Friday, June 24, 2016

El Maton National Hall

I realized I failed to share some pictures from our adventures last weekend.  Last month when we were at my cousin's for their annual crawfish boil, all of us cousins decided we needed to get together and go dancing in El Maton again.  We did this two years ago and had so much fun.  So we threw out a bunch of dates, gave them to the cousin in charge of making the call and waited for the set date. It turned out to be last Friday.  All week long I was actually thinking about not going.  Problem was that I was not sleeping at all last week. I could not shut my head down when I laid down at night so I was dragging ass every day, and it only got worse as the week progressed.  Thursday night I finally slept!! I fell asleep almost as soon as my head hit the pillow, and you know what, I've been sleeping good since then.  I was still thinking about not going but once I talked to my brother Tony and he offered to drive, I was good to go.


Oh gosh, the memories we have going dancing at this hall as kids.  Summers spent with my cousins tearing up this dance floor are ones I'll cherish forever.  Still have the wooden floors...


My cousin Diane and I...
Can you see that family resemblance?


What was really cool about this night is there was no band.  You read that right.  No band.  We played music from the jukebox which was full of the old classics as well as the new stuff.  The Vyvial cousins had the place to ourselves for the evening.  Where else can you reserve a dance hall (at no cost), bring snacks, play the music you want to hear and have an entire dance floor to yourself?  Oh my gosh, we had so much fun.  The bar was open and set-ups were available.  We all brought plenty of quarters for the jukebox and pool tables and bills for our beer.  We arrived around 8:30 and closed that place down at 2:00 am!!  Nobody left early.  Everyone stayed until they told us we had to go home.   About halfway through the night, Tony started declaring that we need to do this every month. We all agreed and then laughed because we knew it wouldn't happen.  We agreed July was too busy with vacations so we thought about getting together in August before school starts back up, but then we realized that's harvest time so may not be good.  See, already issues.  Ha!  

Here's our crew for the night....

  
Our hope is to get more family and friends join us each time.  Never a dull moment with this crew, and always a fun time.

Hope y'all have a great weekend!  

No comments: