Monday, June 6, 2016

Hello June

Well guys, we made it through another school year and I am proud to say that both my children passed all their classes for the year!  Bella was never really a worry but Christopher Michael and geometry were.  We now have a Junior and a 2nd Grader in our house.  Bella ended the year with Perfect Attendance and A-B Honor Roll. She was super proud of her awards, as was Momma.


Thursday evening, Bella and I hit road bound for Austin and the State Tournament.  The girls came up short for a win in the semi-final game against Gregory Portland but these girls have absolutely nothing to hang their heads about.  They had an outstanding season and should stand tall and proud of their accomplishments.  

All my pictures were taken prior to the game because once it started, I was a nervous wreck the entire game.  As you can imagine, I was pretty stoked to be at McCombs Field being the UT fan that I am.  This was in line to purchase our tickets to get in...



It was a gold shoe kind of day...





I had to get a picture with Texas Longhorns in the back ground (insert big cheesy smile)



This next picture turned out great I thought.  Cindy and Makenna walked over to say hello and I snapped this picture of them on the field.  They were just as giddy, if not more, about being on the field.


And that was everything I took at the game.  I told you I was a wreck.  I do want to share the vision picture my sister took prior to the game.  During the play-offs, she had started sharing these moments on FB before the second game.  She couldn't wait to get from centerfield at McCombs... 


Pretty bad ass if you ask me!!

After our heartbreaking loss, Daddy & Lena made the decision to head back home.  I decided that Bella and I would head to El Campo to catch my Godson's graduation that evening. I was lucky enough to get a two-fer at graduation as my third cousin, Bailey Popp was also graduation from El Campo that night.



William Wade Wallace 

I didn't get a picture with Bailey but I did get to hug her neck :)

We drove back home late Friday night and I'm sure glad we did because the next morning I read that parts of Highway 35 were closed due to flooding from the Brazos River.  That was my route back into town. Had I waited, we would of had to detour around to get home. We were exhausted when we got home and I was more exhausted than I thought because I didn't roll out of bed until noon!  I can't remember the last time I have done that!  Needless to say, Saturday was a very lazy day around the house.

Sunday we went to one of my dearest friends house for her son's graduation party.  Sometimes I still can't believe we have children old enough to be graduating high school already.  Just crazy. 

Jana and her son Jordan...


We got a little silly, crazy, nostalgic or whatever you want to call it when we took this next picture.

  We were originally just going to take a normal everyday picture of us, but somebody got the idea to re-create the picture that was taken in the hospital 18 years ago.  Lordy, we are crazy...


We were only missing Tanya on the far right.  Yep, we're crazy bunch of girls.  
Jordan was good sport though. 

And when you get this group of ladies together, we always have to get a picture of us.

Jennifer, Jana, Stacy, me....


It was a fun, sad, crazy and fantastic 3-day whirlwind weekend.  Two things that would have made it better.  Winning the State Tournament and having honey with us to share all the exciting moments through the weekend.  

Cheers to a great week!


No comments: