Friday, March 17, 2017

My Girl

Bella and I were laying in bed the other night watching Barnyard.  She was laying on my shoulder (snuggling) like she always does and holding my hand. I wanted to take a picture but I couldn't get to my phone without disturbing us.  What I noticed in that moment was how little she STILL is.  At times, she seems like she is such a big girl but in that moment I realized that she really is still a little girl.  I love her little hands.  I love that they always want to hold my hand, give hugs and grab hold of my arm real tight.  I took a day off this week for Spring Break.  One day.  I felt guilty even asking for that one day because I have missed so much work to help with Tony and with my own stuff I've had going on.  We spent the morning and early afternoon with a friend of mine and her girls shopping and eating lunch.  The afternoon Bella and I ran to mall to get her a new dress for a wedding she is going to this weekend with her dad.  I had to go back to work the next day and she was not having it.  I left one very unhappy little girl Thursday morning and again today.  "Please ask your boss if you can get off early today mommy".  She kills me.  I did take these pictures yesterday morning...


Look at those sweets hands.  We polished our nails together the night before.  She wanted pretty nails just like mommy's.  Sometimes my heart just wants to explode with love for her.  I also realized that day that we have a lot of little things we do together that are very special to her and that means so much to me.  I often think I don't do enough big things with children but its at times when I need the reminder that all those little things really do matter to them.  They mean the world to me and I'm glad to know they mean a lot to them too.

No comments: