Friday, March 10, 2017

Randomness and A Recipe

I have been trying to embrace this whole March Spring thing that's happening on the calendar. Planting flowers, polishing my nails with a Springy color, wearing more dresses and skirts. I'm not quite there but I'm getting there.  The time change this weekend will certainly help I think.  I'll be tired but it'll help.  ha!

A couple few weeks ago I had a random day off.  It was more that Bella was throwing up in the morning, not because she was sick, but because her allergies have been really bad and she had drainage and mucus in her throat.  She has a hard time getting it up, chokes a little and boom.  I stayed home and took her to see Dr. Patti to prove to her that mommy knew what she was talking about.  No fever, no nothing but drainage.  Mommy was right and Dr. Patti did a fine job of telling Bella to trust me  Take your medicine because it only works if you take it, every day.  Thank you Dr. Patti!

Anyway, since she was obviously fine, I took advantage of the day and we ran some errands after we got back to town.  I got my taxes dropped off, swung by the bank, trip to the grocery store and ran into Brazos Avenue Market (BAM) to see if could spend my gift card I've had since mid-December.  There was a top they posted on Instagram that I really liked so I asked about it and sure enough, they had it.  This is me trying it on and sending a pic to my girlfriend asking her opinion....



Her reply..."its supposed to be off the shoulder girl...show some skin!"  yes I know that but it keeps slipping.  I hem-hawed because if I tried a larger size, the sleeves would have come down to my ankles.  That's a bit of an exaggeration but its almost accurate.  I ended up getting the top and now just waiting for the right opportunity to wear it.  Side note, I was telling the ladies at work about this top and they tell me there is some kind of tacky tape you can use to help it stay in place.  I haven't looked into it but most certainly will.

Last weekend I met up with Kristian for some crawfish and beer at our local spot, Shady's.  Man I was one happy girl!  I had been craving crawfish for a while and was finally able to get my hands on some.  They do a pretty damn good job.


Sunday, it was a rainy day so I threw a roast in the crock pot for dinner.  My sister had told me a while back about the concoction she uses for her crock pot roast and how much the family loves it so I decided to give it a whirl. Here it is...


It was really good.  I didn't tell the kids I was trying something new, I just did it. The only other thing I threw in the crock pot was carrots. Christopher doesn't care for the potatoes when I cook them with the roast so I leave them out and just make mashed potatoes separately. Bella turned her nose up to it and wouldn't even try it.  Kid doesn't know what she's missing out on.  I'm now going to really tortured y'all with this pic...


It really was good.  Christopher was a fan and I definitely will be making it this way again.  I even made a lunch for me to take Monday.  A lunch that I left sitting on the counter at home.  A lunch I had to painfully throw away when I got home.  I was very sad.  

Today I am happy because its FRIDAY!!!  This week has been a long one so I'm looking forward to the weekend.  Hope ya'll have a great one.


No comments: