Saturday, August 22, 2009

Talents

I was just on Facebook this morning and found that some friends of mine are making bows for little girls and very cute burp cloths. I'm envious to say the least. I wish I had talent like that. Two of my sister-in-laws are also very talented. Brandie makes these beautiful blankets and burp cloths for babies. Aubrey makes gorgeous and delicious cakes. I also have a friend at work that can put goodie baskets together and attached beautiful bows and make it look like something you bought right out of a store! Now I know you're thinking...that's easy but if you could see these baskets, you'd be envious too. She can also wrap a gift like it was professionally done....but her first job was wrapping gifts at a lingerie store so I guess she did learn...but that's not my point! What can I do? Make rag blankets that takes no talent whatsoever! I'm just aggravated with myself and have been for a while now. I'm real good at shopping! But that sends money out of your pocket, not in your pocket--big difference! I can cook but not something I care to do for a living...and I'm not that good. I just wish I was disciplined enough to learn something new. And I don't know that its I'm not disciplined enough to learn it, its having the time. I do have a 10 year old and a 7 month old and I work full-time so I guess that adds some difficulty to the task. But dang it, why can't I be talented too! Make me feel better....is there something you wish you could do? Something or someone your envious of??

No comments: