Monday, August 24, 2009

Singing & Back To School

Have you ever been so tired that all you wanted to do was lay down and go straight to sleep? But instead of falling into a peaceful sleep, your mind starts racing the minute your head hits the pillow. Even worse...you're hearing the same song over and over in your head and you can't make it go away. The harder you try to ignore all the millions of thing running around in your head, the harder it is to go to sleep and soon you find yourself laying in bed, staring at the ceiling wondering why you laid down in the first place because now you're wide awake thinking of all the other things you could be doing. Well girls, that was the case for me last night. I was tired...droopy eyes tired. So I got myself all ready for bed and laid down. And wouldn't you know it, my mind starting racing. I think at some point I did get a few winks in before Isabella started her stirring. After about 2 hours of stirring and fussing from both of us I finally got up and fixed her a cereal bottle thinking there was no way she was already hungry but let me tell you, she sucked that bottle down like it was her last one! After she went back to sleep, I laid down again. This time it wasn't a million things racing through my mind. No...this time it was singing in my head..."play the drum everyone, play the drum" "more, more!" This is from Isabella's Leap Frog Drum we play with daily. I could hear the music in my head and the girl singing, "play the drum everyone, play the drum." Over and over...I almost got up and played the drums! But somehow I was finally able to relax and get some rest before my precious baby girl starting her fidgeting again. Maybe tonight will be better. I can already feel the droopy eyes coming on.

BTW, it was the first day back to school for Christopher. 4th grade this year--the big man on campus! He had mixed feelings going back today. He was ready to see his friends. Not so much ready for the school work...but what kid is?!!? I have always tried to take pictures of him each year on the first day. As he gets older, this of course gets harder, especially taking any pictures at all at school. I did snap this one as he was coming out of the cafeteria heading to his classroom. See that smirk...he knew what I was doing.


This one I took of him and Isabella just before we loaded up and headed out for the day. So cute those kids of mine!


If you have kids headed back to school this week, I wish you a great school year, many blessings...and a great night's rest without the singing!

No comments: