Thursday, August 26, 2010

Chicken Strips & Conversation

I scored Mommy points with my son the other night.  I made chicken strips with french fries, gravy and green beans and he told me he would give me a ten x 3!!  AND...it was better than Whataburger! 

I have been trying to come up with new ideas for dinner.  I've done chicken strips before but never with gravy and french fries.  We love the chicken baskets from Red Top, Whataburger and others places and I thought why not do it myself?  I did and it was great!  Christopher's tastes are changing so that has really prompted me to come up with new things.  We made Spaghetti Tacos Sunday night which is your basic spaghetti recipe stuffed in taco shells.  He heard about it on iCarly and asked me to make them. I did and they were not a bad treat either. 

Another thing I realized as we were eating dinner is how much I love having dinner together at the table.  Just us sitting together talking about our day and enjoying the good food.  Some of our best conversations have been while having dinner together.  I love times like those.

No comments: