Monday, August 30, 2010

Friday Night Lights

Friday the kids and I traveled to Needville to see the season opener for the Needville Blue Jays.  My cousin Dina lives in Needville with her two boys, J.T. and Brad.  J.T. made Varsity this year...he's a sophomore.  We're just a little excited about that.  Friday night was also Parent's Night so I wanted to see my dear cousin walk the field with her boy!  Here are a few pictures I snapped from way up in the stands...

That's my cuz and her boy in front about to walk...


And here they are making their way down the field...



smile purty for the camera...



As I'm snapping this picture....


this is going on....
Dina is Isabella's Godmomma, so she was just tickled to pieces when Bella went right to her



I just love this next shot of the teams out for the coin toss.  J.T. is right there in the middle, #80.
So stinkin' proud of that boy!!



Later I snapped these other two pictures...




I was told by my other cousin Anne (Dina's sister) that the next time we come to a football game, she expects Miss Bella to be in a Blue Jays dress.  Guess I'd better get to working on that! 

The game was great, what I did get to see. J.T. made his debut on the kick-off return.  He got in quite a bit of playing time.  Had some good hits and even knocked down a pass attempt by the Edna Cowboys.  Edna prevailed in this game winning 21-7.  Still needs some work but it was the first game and I know he and the Blue Jays will only improve from here.  Can't wait to see more games!!

No comments: