Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2012 Goals

Not sure I'm being smart about this but I'm going to put my goals in writing.  I think I'm setting myself up to get shot in the foot but oh well, here we go...

In no particular order...only the order that they pop into my head...

Organize my house.
This is a must!  No if, ands or buts...must happen.  Not that my house is in complete and utter chaos but there are still boxes to be unpacked, things to be hung on the walls and just more organization overall.  I'm confident things will get better as the boxes disappear.  Now whether I keep what's in them or chunk them to the curb is another story.  :)
 
Cook. 
Not just cook more but cook.  I have gotten really bad about this, especially over the holidays.  My kids aren't involved in sports but it sure seemed like we were constantly going so we ate out or had a sandwich, ramen noodles or mac n cheese for dinner.  Kids loved it most of the time.  Me, not so much. 

Cook new meals.
Try new things, expand on what we do like.  Don't be afraid of the unknown in the kitchen.  Was flipping through cookbooks looking for a specific recipe the other day and saw so many things I wanted to try.  So yes, going to try new things and pray my kids will at least taste it.

Spend less, save more.
Who doesn't have this one on their list?  I want to meet them if they don't.  I think there are always ways to cut back and spend less somehow, some way.

Coupons!
Was really good about couponing until we moved and I got out of the habit.  Going to try and get back into it.  I'm not what you call an extreme couponer but I do enough that makes me feel like I'm helping out.

Hook my computer up. 
This will help with my ORGANIZE goal for 2012.  I honestly don't know how I have gone on this long without my computer at home, but I do think the lack of it has contributed to me feeling unorganized and scattered.  Never realized just how much I used it until it wasn't hooked up.
 
Family Cookbook.
This family cookbook has been on my agenda since 2002 folks.  Yes, you read that right.  Life has put it on the back burner one too many times so I am bound and determined to get it done, FOR REAL this time!  I'm not even going to push it and say it'll be complete by the end of 2012, I just want to get the dang thing started and be working on it.  Its something I really want to do. 

Be a better mom, daughter, sister, friend, aunt and girlfriend :)
Who doesn't want to be?  Again, this is something I think there is always room for improvement.  Or maybe I'm just that bad of a person. 

Get Bella potty-trained.
OY!  I dread this...only because Christopher took his sweet time.  Bella seems to be doing a whole lot better than he did just not so much with me.  Daycare tells me every day how good she's doing, how she takes a nap and wakes up dry, blah, blah, blah.  For me..its hit and miss equally. 

Work on Bella sleeping in own bedroom. 
Yipes!  I think I dread this more than the above.  She has no desire to sleep in her own bed.  None.  Any tips would be great here.

Walk more.
Nothing really to say.  Just need to walk more.  Feel good when I do it, just need to do it.

Keep believing.
Continue to BELIEVE in 2012.


So there you have it, my goals for 2012.  We'll see how I end up doing.  Do you have goals for this year?

No comments: