Thursday, January 26, 2012

So What

On the flip side of George...we have P!nk. 

When I was on maternity leave with Miss Bella I watched Ellen every single day, at least I tried.  One episode I caught the tale end when she and P!nk were singing a catchy tune in "the shower".  I didn't catch any of the words but with the tune stuck in my head, I hummed it to then hubby who can name just about any song there is that's not country (he comes to me for the country stuff) and name it he did.  In fact, it wasn't but a couple days later he was up early with Bella when the video for "So What" came on so he backed it up and recorded it for me.  I think it always tickled him how this sweet, quiet, country-loving girl could become excited about P!nk.  I still love this song and it quickly became one of my favorites to jam out to. I know y'all find that hilarious, and I'm okay with that, but in the comfort of my own home, I too become a rock star!!  ;)   "I've got moves you've never seen"...name that movie!

I have to admit, and I mean this as no disrespect to the ex, but the first time I heard this song after our divorce, I was like..."this is totally me!" 

I'm still a rock star
I got my rock moves
And I don't need you

And guess what
I'm having more fun
And now that we're done
I'm gonna show you tonight

I'm alright
I'm just fine
And you're a tool

So, so what
I am a rock star
I got my rock moves
And I don't want you tonight.

And I have been fine, I have been alright...and yes in my own ways I am a rock star and I have rock moves.  I have successfully been able to move on...not without hiccups along the way, but I think I'm doing pretty darn good. 

Now you know no post about music/videos would be complete without me giving you a link to share one of my favorite tunes.  So listen, jam, dance and become a rock star!  I have faith in you. 

P!nk's So What

No comments: