Friday, October 5, 2012

50 Things You May or May Not Know About Me...

I'm taking a cue from fellow blogger Laura over at Cowboy Boots & Baby Booties and posting "50 Things You May or May Not Know About Me".  I thought it could be fun and interesting to see how long it takes me to come up with 50 interesting things....about me.  Just so you know...it took me a while!

I'm pulling some of these items from a note I did on FB a few years ago, updating it and adding to it.  Reading how my life was so MUCH different then was kinda weird but I can say without a doubt, I'm in a much better place now. 

1.  I'm a worrier.  I worry and stress over everything...enough that my family should never have to because I do enough for all of us.
 
2.  I love cold rainy days in home in my pj's watching tv and just chilling out.
 
3. I love all the Rocky movies....and know Rocky IV by heart.
 
4.  My sister and I recite lines from movies we love and ask the other to name that movie.
 
5.  Every year my family takes a summer vacation together.  The past few years we've stayed at a beach house.  I look forward to it every year.
 
6.  I love going to NASCAR races.  Sadly I have not been in years.
 
7.  I'm a fire bug.  I love to sit by a fire inside or outside.  There's something very calming about it.
 
8.  I dislike negative people. Arrogance is so unattractive to me. 
 
9.  My kids are the best part of me.
 
10.  I love being a Mom but I get overwhelmed easily.
 
11.  Most people don't know that Missy is a nickname.  Michaela Anne is my name and is always mispronounced.
 
12.  I've lived in Angleton all but the first 4 weeks of my life.
 
13.  I would love to spend just one Christmas in the snow with my kids at a ski resort.
 
14.  I am my worst critic!
 
15.  I am scared of escalators but will get on them--I hold my breath and pray the entire time.
 
16.  I prefer to eat cake without icing.
 
17.  I'm not a morning person at all...and usually hit the snooze button at least 3-4 times before finally getting up.
 
18.  I have a thing for scarves but only when its cold.
 
19.  When I get really tickled about something and can't catch my breath...I snort.
 
20.  Red is my favorite color.
 
21.  After having two boys I was oh so nervous about having a girl.
 
22.  I love to shop and look forward to my annual trip to Canton every year!
 
23.  September through April is my favorite time of year.  Summer sucks!  Heat and I do not get along very well.  That could change if the Pool Gods hook me up!
 
24.  I'm a sucker for all the Christmas movies when they are on tv. I will sit and watch them every year.  Love it!
 
25.  I got braces midway through my junior year in high school. I was not happy.  I got them off my freshman year in college, a year sooner than expected.  I was a good girl. 

26.  I was in a pageant for Miss Brazoria County while in college.  I didn't place but was asked to participate in the Miss Petite Texas pageant after that.  I declined.  Pageants were not my thing.
 
27.  I don't like rollercoasters.  They scare me something awful.
 
28.  I do not like pineapple anything. 
 
29.  I LOVE football!  I scream at the TV when I watch it and love going to our hometown games.

30.  I have a thing for barns.  Love them!  Would love to build a house like a barn one day in a wide open space with nothing but country around me. Ok...maybe some cornfields. :)

31.  I have a potty mouth...especially when I am highly pissed off. 

32.  I can also be quite the smart ass.

33.  I can 2-step with the best of 'em.  Learned from the best...my brother!

34.  I have always wanted to learn sign language.

35.  I can be oh so stubborn and hard-headed!  And I wonder where my kids get it from? 

36.  I LOVE driving trucks.  Had one for a brief period of time and absolutely loved it. 

37.  I prefer an ice cold beer over a glass of wine or mixed drink. 

38.  I have a collection of koozies and thimbles.  Random I know.

39.   Semi-scared of heights.  My legs go to jello but I still find myself looking down.  Ok, I'm scared of heights!

40.  Flying scares me.

41.  Secretly wish I could play the guitar like nobody's business.

42.  My gut feelings have NEVER steered me wrong, yet there are times I still question what I'm feeling.  Gut is always right.

43.   I'm a sucker for kitchen gadgets, mixing bowls and kitchen towels.

44.  I love to cook and bake. 

45.   I get excited about the littlest things.

46.  I love to have my feet massaged but I won't touch anyone else's feet.

47.  Sitting on the porch or patio in the evening time relaxing with my kids or family is a sweet pleasure and a blessing. 

48.  I've learned the hard way you should never settle...on anything!

49.  I believe you are never too old to have fun, be silly and live life to the fullest, sometimes you just need to be reminded.
 
50.  Some days I miss my Mom and my son so much I can't breathe...

1 comment:

caryn said...

I am the same on numbers 1, 2, 8,9, 10!!, 14, 15, 31, 36, 43, 44
#33 -- your brother is a great dancer, he was always so good to dance with his dorky little cousin at weddings
#38 -- I have a koozie to add to your collection if you ever make it up here to waco
#50 -- sending you hugs {{ }}, I love you!
I'm gonna do my 50 things tomorrow!