Wednesday, January 16, 2013

30 Day Mom Challenge

My life long, childhood, forever friend Jana sent a link to this list the other day, 30 Day Mom Challenge:  Mom's Ultimate To-Do List.  I printed it and posted it at work and also put a copy in my life planner.  I started this challenge on Day 13 and I have to say that each day that I have read the challenge, I am reminded of it later in the evening, or rather, I remind myself of that day's challenge.  Its helps and is working for me...says the girl who is only 3 days into it. :)  

I'm typing the challenges out below but you can go HERE to pull up the link and print out the fun To Do List...

1.  Ask "What is one thing we can do together this month?"

2.  Go the whole day without yelling.

3.  Hug your child three times today.

4.  Kiss your children while they are asleep.

5.  Say to yourself. "He's only ___ years old. He's still a child." Then treat him that way.

6.  Bake, make or buy them their favorite food.

7.  Leave a sweet note for them.

8.  Calculate how many weekends are left until your child graduates from high school.

9.  Picture yourself at your child's age.  Remember how you felt.

10.  Today's mom focus:  Joy.

11.  Tell your child, "I am so glad you are my son/daughter."

12.  Pray for wisdom.

13.  Do not criticize your child today.

14.  Remember: being a mother is a gift.

15.  Be firm when needed, but not harsh.

16.  Picture your child at age 25.  Mother with that in mind today.

17.  Laugh with your child today.

18.  Who is a mom you admire?  What quality of hers can you live out today?

19.  Teach your child one thing he can do on his own.

20.  Today's focus:  Patience.

21.  Forgive yourself when you mess up.

22.  How do you want your child to remember you?  Be that mom today.

23.  Replace sarcasm with kindness.

24.  Do not interrupt your child when he is talking.

25.  Ask your child's opinion.

26.  Encourage your child today.

27.  Do one thing that is good for your health:  walk 10 minutes, eat a piece of fruit; or get a good night's sleep.

28.  Teach your child a new word.

29.  Turn off your phone, computer, or TV when your child is with you.

30.  Today's focus:  Love.

No comments: