Friday, January 25, 2013

Oven Woes

For those who haven't heard by now, I have been without an oven for about 2 1/2 weeks and let me tell you, it hasn't been fun...at all.  Let me just say, you never truly know how much you use something until you can't. I will spare you the details of why I'm still without but it boils down to my forgetfulness in the first week, the parts store not calling me back in the second week and more of my forgetfulness and me hem-hawing on what to do after that. 

Buy a couple parts and hope the oven works vs. buy a beautiful new gas range

dilemma...my current gas range measures 36" instead of the normal 30" = more $$$.

I have decided to go with the new range and (sigh) the basic model as opposed to what I call the cadillac model.  Maybe someday when my dream house/barn is built, I'll get to put in a cadillac gas range.  Someday.  I'm still looking at the best deal but hopefully will make my decision this weekend and get the thing ordered and delivered real soon. 

I hate not having an oven.  Its a pain. I'm already trying to cook more and this just isn't helping that goal.  And I've been wanting to bake!  I'm still not sure if its because I don't have an oven that I have these urges to bake or if I really do want to bake?  Ha! I'll let you figure that one out. 

Y'all have a good one & happy Friday!! 

No comments: