Wednesday, March 13, 2013

My Garden...Finally!!

Yes!  I have a garden.  And I totally wouldn't have done it had my brother not brought it up again.  I had thought about digging up the ground for one but I knew I probably wouldn't do it.  Tony offered to come over Saturday and till it up and get it going.  I didn't say no.  My vision of course was much smaller but once Tony looked at the slope of the ground and where the sun comes in, the line of the trees, etc...he suggested a different area and slightly bigger version.  My response to him was, "go big or go home", at least that's what I'm always hearing with regard to several things :).  So we went bigger than my original vision and I am so very stinkin' excited.  We have squash, cucumbers, tomatoes, green beans and flowers.  Yes, you read that right...flowers!  You see, my Grandma Berger always had a garden, always.  In the early days, when they had livestock in the back forty, the garden was up front.  I loved that garden.  It was fenced in and most all of it was vegetables but there was a space she had up front close to the gate that was flowers.  Well I had to be like Grandma Berger!  So I have 3 rows of flowers....zinnias, snapdragons and sunflowers.  Eventually, I would love to fence in my garden to look the way Grandma's did.  That would be sweet.  Some day. 

I hope my garden does well.  It will be a learning process for me and the kids.  This is our first but we are ready to have some fun...some good therapy. 

Our First Garden!!

Up Close...me and the kids plus my nephew Brady :)

Trying to figure it all out...
 
Bella ready to plant her flower seeds :)

 Away she goes...doing such an awesome job
 
 
 
Planting our tomatoes 
 
Gotta put your head in it...
 
 
It was a great day.  One that I've needed for a long time.  I can't wait to share pictures of our garden's progress.  My little house...its starting to come together. :)
 
Y'all have a good one!
 
 


No comments: