Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The Ring

I found it.  The ring I thought I had lost forever.  The ring I thought I had rolled up in a paper towel and tossed away after drying my hands at work.  The ring I thought I had taken off and set down while I put lotion on my hands or had taken off to wash my hands after cooking in the kitchen.  I turned my house/my car/my office upside down several times over trying to find this ring.  I have cried many tears over losing this precious ring.

This ring...was my mother's.

 
My sister and I have several of momma's personal items.  This particular ring she wore a lot, right along with her wedding rings.  I loved this ring.  I had planned on checking into having it possibly sized down a bit but then I lost it.  I was devastated.  Sick.  I cried for a long time. 
 
Its hard to explain how I found it last night without actually showing you, but it had fallen behind a drawer in a jewelry box I have, that also happens to be mommas.  I had to take the drawers out last night to shake loose another ring that had fallen into a different spot.  When I pulled out this one drawer, there was the ring.  The tears were instantaneous.  I walked into Christopher's room bawling like a baby but grinning like a goon.  He knew they were happy tears.  I explained what had happened and showed him how I found the ring.  He was happy for me.  He knows how much momma's personal items mean to me.
 
I can't help but think this is momma's way of telling me things are going to start to turn around. That maybe, just maybe I'm going to find my way out of this fog I'm in, that I'm going to get my head above water and start swimming my way out instead of drowning.  She's given me hope, a lift, just when I thought I couldn't do it any longer.  That's how I'm going to look at this. 
 
Thank you momma for still looking out for me. 

No comments: