Thursday, April 11, 2013

Stuff

My favorite 4 year old managed to successfully delete most of my apps once again.  Didn't get all of them this time but still.  I'm taking it as a sign to re-evaluate what I use and don't use.  Been on the fence about FB for a while now but put it back on.  I'm an avid user of Twitter and Pinterest so those will stay.  She did not delete Instagram but its staying.  I'm on it more than FB.  She deleted most of the games, including a few of hers.  Well...let me rephrase that, she deleted most of HER games because she thinks they are all hers.  She will play rounds of golf, match color blocks and sling angry birds like its nobody's business.  When she clears a level and sees a star, she gets very excited.  I cheer for her and wonder which game she's playing now.  Its all good. Those games have been a lifesaver a time or two.  For me, it was my way of trying to relax, take my mind off of all the crap that has me stressed out and depressed.  Until recently, it was all fine and dandy but as of late, one of my opponents in a game hasn't made it relaxing at all.  This person has been sort of harassing me, constantly sending me messages.  I've reached my limit and don't like it so maybe this was my girl's way of taking care of the problem for me.  Ha!! 

Monday my A/C was finally fixed.  The unit was very low on Freon.  There was a small leak outside but none found upstairs in the attic.  Going to watch it and hope for the best.  That was more money out the door but I keep telling myself it could have been much worse and cost a whole lot more.  Trying to keep it positive but still feel like I need an extra job here lately. 

On this same Monday, I woke up with my left eye matted shut (gunky), swollen, itchy and hurting.  I thought for sure I had pink eye.  After getting the kids off to school and daycare, I called my eye doctor who worked me in.  He said it wasn't pink eye but I do have an infection, just not the contagious kind.  Well that's good. Prescription drops with an antibiotic and I'm good to go.  No contacts for the 5 days I'm doing the drops.  I'm on day 4 and I miss my contacts.  But I will say it has been nice not having to put makeup on every day.  Not sure everyone at work is enjoying it but oh well.  I stay in my office for the most part.  I took these pictures on Day 2 when the infection has moved to my right eye as well.  Not as bad but you can still see how swollen my eyes were.  My niece told me I didn't look very well.  I tend to agree, but I'm looking a lot better on Day 4, trust me.

 
Sorry!  Hope you didn't get too scared!!
   
Cleaned out the garage Sunday and had the broken refrigerator finally hauled off.  That's where the eye doc thinks I picked up something to give me this infection.  I'm sure my shoving a box lid in my eye didn't help either.  But you know what....the garage looks great!  You can see the floor and once that frig came out, the utility room area looks huge now.  Woo Hoo!!

They are remodeling the guest bathrooms on our floor at work.  Oh the drilling!!  It is horrible.  These particular bathrooms back up to the executive offices on our floor so we get the most noise.  Its heard all over but good grief.  We've all gotten to the point of just laughing because every time one of us has to talk or make a phone call, the drilling starts.  Its like they are watching us.  Glad the weekend is nearby.  I'm not gonna miss it.

The rain last night and this morning sure was nice, although I would have enjoyed it a lot more had I got to stay snuggled up with my girl at home.  Christopher even said on the way to school that he was ready for it to rain all day.  I agreed but we then we both said...but when we can stay home!  The garden will surely like all the watering its getting, especially since we just replanted our cucumbers.  I still owe you pictures of the garden I know.  I'll get on it, I promise. 

I guess that's about it for now.  I am doing ok.  I am trying to think positive and quit dwelling on all the negative stuff.  Y'all have a good one!

No comments: