Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Catching Up

Ok, ok...so I've been MIA for a while.  Only since the latter part of April, that's all.  I've been gone longer before so :P.  that's me sticking my tongue out at you.  hahaha!

Not really anything going on that's keeping me away, I just haven't felt like I had anything to journal about other than my usual frustrations with life in general. 

Since y'all think I'm weird already, I will share this with you.  My mom has been in my dreams a lot recently.  In fact, there were 3 nights in a row she was there.  She hasn't made an appearance in a very long time.  No matter what the dream is about, I am happy when I wake up because I got to see her.  I don't remember a whole lot of details but one dream involved a wedding, one a plane and the other Bella.  In all of them, there was chaos and a mess of stuff going on around us.  Mom was always there.  The plane dream in particular was a bumpy flight, but we made it through it.  I find it funny and strange that momma was on a plane in the dream because that is something she never did while she was with us.  She refused to fly.  Wanted no part of it.  If she couldn't ride in a car or bus, she wasn't going, period.  No discussion. I think my lesson of these dreams is that no matter how rough my life gets, I'm going to be alright in the end, and momma is right there with me every step of the way.

See any resemblance in the pictures below?  I do believe I am going to recreate the top photo as best I can.  I don't know for sure this picture was taken on Mother's Day but it was taken in May of 1975.  I was just a little 3 year old and momma was a beautiful 34 years.  The photo below that one was taken in December last year.  I was 40 and Bella was 3.  I don't realize how much I do look like my mom until I see pictures of her when she was younger.  To me, that's when you can really see it.  :) 

 
 
The garden at home is growing at leaps and bounds.  We had to replant the cucumbers and they are coming up nicely.  The tomatoes are still taller than the sunflowers, the they are catching up and will pass them up very soon.  I have lots of green tomatoes, a few baby green beans and a couple tiny squash. Every time I find something I giggle.  Christopher thinks its cute because I get soooo excited.  Its fun to see your garden grow!
 
 
This picture was taken a couple weeks ago...

And these were taken last week. 


 
Startin' to come together Pepper, startin' to come together! 
(Name that movie!!)
 
In other news, the Ladycats made it to the playoffs again this year.  They had a heckuva time this past series.  They won the first game but lost games 2 and 3 putting them of the playoffs.  Its always so hard but I feel like I cried more tears this year than any other year. 
 
These pictures were taken during the first round of playoffs...
 
Me and two of my favorite nieces, Cori and Mary Beth
 
 
Two of the Ladycats biggest fans, Kenna and Bella
 
 
Plus one more...

Channeling Grammy (Momma) for extra mojo!
 


Pop and Bella...
 
 
Last but not least, I finally got my butt up last night and went walking/running. My legs were burning when I got home but I was proud of myself for finally getting after it.  I've got 10 extra pounds I've been carrying around and I don't like it one bit.  I refuse to buy new clothes that fit when I have a closet full of perfectly fine, albeit too small at the moment, but nothing wrong with them otherwise fine clothes.  Christopher took some pictures of me last night so I could see the before and after results.  I also weighed myself but I'm not sharing those numbers with you because well, its none of your business, that's why :P!!  ha!
 
BEFORE...

Me just being goofy...I made Christopher laugh :)
 
I should have taken a picture of my backside so you could see just how large my ass has gotten.  Its all in my mid-section, God Bless us Vyvial women and our asses and midsections. Anyway, I'm bound and determined to get back down to where I feel more comfortable.  Just not happy with myself right now.
 
I guess that's about it for now.  I am doing a "Dress A Day In May" again.  I only started yesterday since we were hauling stuff for the fishing tournament last week.  I forgot to take pictures yesterday when we got home but I was on it today.  I'll share those in a separate post on DADIM.  Maybe a weekly recap. 
 
Y'all have a good one!

  

No comments: