Tuesday, October 15, 2013

October 15, 2002

October 15, 2002 was the day my second son arrived. 

Jace Andrew arrived at 12:03 p.m., just in time for lunch.  Today would have been his 11th birthday.  This year I am struggling.  I miss my son so much it hurts.  It hurts like nothing you've ever known.  But I have decided that in order to help myself through my grief this year, I am going to honor my son by doing one of things he has taught me. I am going to take time for the little things.  Hug my children a little tighter and a little longer.  Tell them and others how much I love them.  Toss out the schedule for a day and just have some fun.  Life every day is a privilege.  No one is guaranteed tomorrow.  You never know when you may get a phone call that will change your life forever so live it up today.  Don't wait for that perfect moment...you may end up waiting forever or lose that chance.  Do it now. 

And now I'm asking you to do the same. In honor of my son's 11th birthday...take time today to do something special that you normally wouldn't do.  Treat yourself and your family to pizza tonight instead of cooking.  Watch a movie together.  Play a game. Anything.  Just toss out the schedule for one night and have some fun.

I miss my son every single day.  But today is his day.  Today I am going to celebrate and honor him.  I hope you will do the same.  Y'all have a good one.

Happy Birthday Jace Andrew!!  Mommy loves you.... 



No comments: