Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Running Cross Country

Bella and I made it to Christopher's cross country meet Saturday.  We drove through rain showers to get there but all was sunny and hot in Needville so there were no worries of another rain out.  I was glad because I really wanted to see my boy do his thing.  The huge smile on his face when he turned around to see me and his sister there made me so happy and I may or may not have teared up.  I can still see it. I even got a big hug from him!  We arrived shortly before he was off to run so we pretty much just said hello, gotta go run, see ya later mom.  I tried to take pictures across the field from where he was stretching and warming up...I stayed opposite as not to intrude on him too much. 


So I need to improve on my picture taking skills as my boy is running so you can see his face and not his back side.  I couldn't help it.  I was too busy cheering him on and encouraging him....I mean my goodness, I was a proud momma who wanted her boy to know I was there supporting him.  ha! 

Bella had a bird's eye view on top of Brad's shoulders...little stinkpot wouldn't smile for me.  She was hollering as loud as she could though "go Bubba go!!!"  It was heart melting. 

I tried to count the runners as they went by so I would know where Chris was but I lost count.  Shocking huh.  I think when he passed me the first time he was around 20th, give or take a few.  We are pretty sure he finished about the same although he did pass up two runner's in the last leg when his rockets kicked in.  He said they gave him a card at the finish line but he didn't look at it.  I did walk over to see him after and he once again gave me that big smile and with his sweaty arms out said "want a hug?"  Of course I did.  I told him I didn't care about that.  I just wanted him to know how proud I was of him. 

He gets a break this weekend and then one more meet we think.  He's not sure about another meet on the schedule.  But he's having fun and enjoying it.  That's all that really matters isn't it.

No comments: