Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Parade 2013

One of the first of many fun events associated with Bella's dance class is participation in the Fair Parade.  I signed her up to ride on the float and then asked her if she wanted to.  Kind of backwards huh.  Luckily she squealed yes.  A parent had to ride with her since she was under 5 years old so Mommy got the privilege of accompanying her.  The day of the parade it was supposed to rain.  We were told if it was raining when we got up, we wouldn't ride.  Good enough for me.  I'd be lying if I told you there wasn't a small part of me hoping it would be raining.  But it wasn't.  Bella even at one time told me she just wanted to stay home.  I considered it for a brief minute but decided we committed to riding, bought the shirts and I knew deep down she would love it. 

We had to meet by Wal-Mart by 8:15 a.m.  We got there and walked over to meet up with everyone else.  We were in good spirits and very excited.  I mean, just look at this smile!

 
Everyone loaded up on the float and we moved out to the street...and waited.  Passed the time with pictures and looking at the other floats lining up.  Trips to Whataburger for potty break, etc.
 
 
And we waited some more.  For two hours we sat waiting for 10:00 to arrive.  Bella starting melting about 30 minutes before we for go for launch.  She was hot, I was hot, the breezes would come and go.  Finally we started moving but my girl had had enough.  Boredom had set in.  She was so over this whole ride a float in the parade thing....


Thank goodness our dear friend Heather who owns a flower shop in town was just up the street.  I had texted her when we were getting close so she could step out to wave.  I kept telling Bella that everyone was here to see her in the parade so she better perk up and wave.  She wouldn't have it.  The above pose continued until she saw Heather.  Finally a smile!  After that she was the waving princess!

 
 
The last leg of the parade was brutal as the sun was beating right down on us and it got hot all over again but after all that my girl told me she had so much fun and couldn't wait to do it again.  I was happy.  The rain hit town just as we got back home so we both snuggled up and took a good little nap.  Being in the sun wears us out but we had a good time together, meltdowns and all. :)
 
 

No comments: