Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Hump Day

I guess I should start off thanking all those finger crossers out there because I was successful in negotiating an additional two days of vacation this week. Can I get a "woo hoo"? I didn't sleep in this morning, boo to the hiss, but I was up early for a good reason. I went to breakfast at Cracker Barrel with some family before my nephew made his way back to Florida. His trips to Texas are always too short no matter how long they actually are. We love having him here and this trip was extra special because next Tuesday, my sweet nephew is leaving for the Coast Guard. Yall, when I say time flies, this is a perfect example because it does not seem possible that this sweet curly-haired kid is old enough to be joining anything but a club at school. He's 19, excited and ready to begin a new chapter in his life. This Aunt couldn't be more proud! The CG is getting an awesome young man.

After breakfast I headed back home to do a little grocery shopping, then the kids and I went to the mall for a bit. Chris had some places he wanted to go to and we also needed to swing by Hobby Lobby for some paints for Miss Priss so she can paint her rocks. We did pick up a pair of shoes and jeans for Chris. He was a happy camper. I found a cute fly-away or vest for the Spring. I was a happy camper, as was Bella. We ended our trip with dinner at Chick-fil-A, kids choice.

We are back home, I am in my comfy pajamas all snuggled up withmy girl listening to the rain outside. I am going to sleep good tonight. It's supposed to keep raining into tomorrow so it'll be a good day to stay inside and paint...or do laundry...or just chill out.


No comments: