Monday, March 9, 2015

St. Patrick's Day Wreath

I got her done with a week to spare!  I have to say that when I starting cutting the material for this wreath, I may have curse myself for wanting to do this.  Its a lot of material but thankfully I did have a handy dandy rotary cutter.  Here was my situation about 7:30 last night.    



The kids sat with me while I cut the strips.  I have no idea how many strips of material I ended up with but Christopher counted 15 different patterns, 16 if you count the one I missed.  Here's my finished wreath.  



About halfway through my process, Christopher was inspired so he made a mini wreath.  Since it was 9:30 or later when we finished, I hung the wreath on the inside.  This morning at dark thirty when I was leaving the house, I moved it to the outside.  I will take a picture when I get home this afternoon so you can see it against the brown door.  I think the colors will really pop. So there's my craftiness for SPD.  I'm glad I finally did it.  My next project will be using the material from Grandma's house I mentioned before.  It will involve another wreath but this one will be bigger and fatter...and a LOT more material.  Yay me and my fun ideas!    

Update on honey and I.  We are working through things.  Neither of us want to say goodbye but we still have a lot to figure out because we don't have all the answers.  One day at a time.   

On one last note....I'm totally jealous of all the peeps who were able to sleep in this morning for Spring Break.  Do you know how hard it was to drag myself out of bed this morning, especially since it was raining, cold and dark.  Total bummer.  On a brighter note, I arrived at work to find an email telling me to cancel the board meeting this week which frees my week up so I'm negotiating a couple extra vacation days.  Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Ya'll have a good one all snuggled up at home!

No comments: