Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Canton Finds


I have decided that I'm never going to remember to take pictures of my Canton finds (that isn't Christmas) in their new homes to share with you so I'll show you what I have so far and maybe later I'll get pictures of the Christmas stuff.

First, I will share views from the cabin we stayed at this trip.  We stayed at this particular bed and breakfast 3 years ago but not in this cabin.  We were a bit disappointed when we arrived expecting to be in the same place but we quickly learned they were putting us elsewhere, and we were going to have to share a kitchen, bathroom, etc.  We were not happy because that was not what we had reserved.  After the lady in charge made it back to house, she quickly straightened her husband out (bless his heart, he was very confused) and showed us to our very own cabin.

Look at this view the first nice we were there...


that sunset....


Pretty girls...



and our sunset the second night...



We loved sitting outside in the evening until the bugs started attacking us. The mornings were very cool so we would sit outside and drink our coffee.  So very relaxing.

Onto the goods.  Here they are at the cabin...bags and bags full of sweet finds.  There were also four bar stools Lindsey found that you can't see in this picture.  


Here's what belonged to me...

The galvanized reindeer and joy sign below are some of my Christmas finds.  I'm not sure you can tell, but the reindeer has an opening on top for you to decorate with.  I saw lots of great ideas in Canton so we'll see what I come up with for the Christmas season.  I may use the Christmas picks in the lower left side of the picture or I may find something else.  I also bought a couple new rolls of Christmas paper that I'm super excited about along with my sugar mold I FINALLY bought.  That is the wooden candle holder you see below.  Several years ago, I bought a twelve candle sugar mold. The wood is stained red and I have glass candle holders.  I still have it on the window sill of my bedroom.  I love it but I've wanted a smaller one for a while now.  I would always look and I would always pass on it.  This year I did not.  I did get metal candle holders and the orange candles smell so good.  They scream FALL!!  Haven't burn the candles yet.  Waiting for that cooler weather to come and hang around a little longer.  I'm weird like that.



Farmer's Market and Welcome signs were things I loved the first time I saw them and I still had a hard time pulling the trigger to purchase them. I don't know why, just did.  I guess because I'm Missy and that's what I do.  Hem-haw should be my middle name.  I don't know if you can see it well but sitting on the floor in front of my signs is a Christmas tree.  Its not any ole Christmas tree either.  This one holds Christmas cards. I'm really excited about that.  I don't have a great place for cards and I love to display them so this will be a great addition to our decor.  Now, I just have to find the perfect place for it when the time comes.



I've actually pinned ideas for a welcome sign on front porches.  Some days I love my front porch, other days I wish it were laid out differently.  Of course now, its the home of my small collection of jack-o-lanterns.  I think I might have a small obsession with them. 

Anyway, here's what I did with my welcome sign...


And here is my Farmer's Market sign hung in that space I dislike in my kitchen.  I sure do love my sign.  It fits in perfectly.



Many times when you are in Canton, you will see displays that give you ideas for decorating.  Such was the case this trip. We were in one of our favorite places, Paul Michael's when I saw a watering can with magnolias in it.  I just happen to have a watering can that was my Grandmother's.  I have used it for decorating over the years and for watering.  Most recently, it has been gathering dust in the garage.  I decided I would decorate with it again.  I really liked the magnolia leaves they had on display so I bought three of them and two magnolia flowers and planned to arrange them in my watering can.  By the way did you know that when you decorate in multiples, you are always supposed to have an odd number?  I learned that several years ago and it has stuck.  I can't tell you how many ladies we heard saying that to one another while shopping.

My watering can...

We made a trip back to Paul Michael's Saturday evening to pick up something one of the girls had been thinking about.  After looking around, I decided that I NEEDED seasonal picks to mix with my magnolia leaves during Christmas and Fall.  The above picture shows my "fall" mixed in with my magnolia.  Come Christmas, I'll show you what I whip up with the picks in the pictures above.  Maybe they'll go in my reindeer, maybe they'll go in my watering can.  Maybe, I'll not use them for either, who knows.  :)

That about does it for my Canton finds this year.  One other thing I purchased was a flyaway for Bella that she squealed over when I gave it to her. She has worn it a couple times and I have yet to take a picture. See, bad, bad blogger.


No comments: